Saturday, April 26, 2014

EASTER SUNDAY

I'm not going to lie...this year we have been so busy we did not fully participate in the Lenten season the way we wanted to. Easter, I have discovered is my favorite holiday. So although I wasn't quite where I would have liked to be spiritually come Easter Sunday, I was so thankful to have that special day to celebrate with my family (my sister was with us!) and friends. Juan, Gisele, Beth and I had a great morning hunting for Easter eggs. It was so fun having Gisele home this year! She was adorable going to bed and talking about hunting for eggs in the morning. Sure enough 5:30am she came downstairs waking Juan up and telling him she found 3 eggs! Lol He sent her back to bed and an hour later she came down and woke Beth and I up with an armful of eggs and more energy than you can imagine. She was ready! I'll have to upload a video but she was so cute running around the house finding eggs. Then the four of us had Lucky Charms (think this is going to be an Easter tradition) for breakfast, got all dolled up for Church and headed out for Corpus Christi. It was a beautiful mass and I was excited to show Beth our Church just a few weeks before the wedding! After Church we met up with Abuelita and headed up to the Rowland Ranch for some more Easter fun.
 ^^^Aren't they the cutest!! We all celebrated an early Easter together last year so it was so fun getting the girls together again this year. As they are getting older they are having so much fun playing together! I love it!
 ^^^My dad surprised all of us and dressed up like the Easter bunny. It was so funny watching everyone react to him. (minus Gisele's reaction...seeing "the Easter bunny" caused a huge meltdown but she eventually recovered and said a very sweet goodbye to him and wished him a happy Easter before he left)
 ^^^I just love these girls!

 ^^^Only picture I got with my love...I think I was about to give the bunny a big hug? LOL

 ^^^They were ready to hunt!! On your mark, get set, GO!!

^^^The girls scored! We have entirely too much Easter candy at our house. I have managed to create a pile of wrappers every day after work. We really need to get rid of it!

No comments: